The lands of Martic were first used by European settlers from Martock Somerset, England, in the production of charcoal. Martic Township was organized in 1729 as Martock Township.
Prior to the settlers, a smaller tribe of the Susquehannock tribe of native americans, inhabited the area.
Martic borders Conestoga, Providence, Pequea and Drumore Townships as well as the Susquehanna River.
Monthly Board meetings are held at the Municipal Building for the Board of Supervisors, Planning Commission and the Zoning Hearing Board, as scheduled.